Monday, January 16, 2012

You are Enough

http://youtu.be/9FkaXS9_p40

I want every person I ever come in contact with to feel good. I want you to know that inside you is a light that no one else has and your duty to the world is show it off.

This video is from the Unmask Campaign. This is their mission statement:

“Welcome to the launch of our #Unmask campaign video.
Media, advertising, Photoshop and society’s own obsession with the cult of celebrity has distorted the meaning of beauty, making us feel the pressure to look perfect and making us feel like we are not enough.
We hope to empower people to embrace who they are and let the inner light shine through, because beauty comes in all shapes and sizes and, of course, all skin types, too.
So like, share and tweet The #Unmask Manifesto, our #Unmask Facts, and this #Unmask video.
And remember: you are enough.”

I know it hard to always have confidence in the way you look. I do as well.  But it helps to remember I have thoughts in my head way more important than the pounds on my belly. I wear make up almost every day and sometimes I cant decide why I do that. Am I doing it to try to achieve others ideals of beauty? Am I doing it to look a certain way for myself. I think its a bit of both. Is that ok? I still struggle with that question. 

I'd appreciate comments on your views about beauty, make-up, fashion, anything really.

1 comment:

  1. Noelle I want you to know that I think that you are a wonderful person and you shouldn't ever let people get you down!...Don't forget to study for AP English!

    ReplyDelete